- People who don't stay on the left when on an escalator (to allow people to pass them)...only takes one sticking stubbornly on the right to halt all 'walking up the escalator traffic'. Especially when they can see people walking up then come to a stop behind them. Especially in time critical situations like at the train station. Grr!
- Licking fingers to turn pages...woman on train this morning completing a 4 page document licked finger and thumb about 15 times to turn pages...and really not necessary in most cases. At least try to change pages without it. Trust me, I have read many newspapers, books and documents and never once had to resort to this.
- People with bad earphones for their ipod so that the whole train carriage hears their music (even if not very loud)...how can you be so oblivious...and doesn't it occur to you that since you can't hear anyone else's music, there must be better earphones out there? For about 5% of what you paid for your ipod. Go buy some. Or turn it down.
- Noisy eating or chewing with mouth open/talking with food in the mouth. Doubly annoying if the person's mouth is so bulging with food that even they feel the need to hold a hand in front of their mouth while talking. Shut up for one minute to eat. Or go one minute without shoving food in your mouth. Please!
- Unreasonably noisy typists - the ones that 'bang' at the keyboard and seem to place an amount of pressure that must take an effort. No, banging the keys does not help you type faster. It is especially annoying when that person is just typing yet another whiny email. Even more annoying if this is pretty much all their work day consists of (apart from of course having whiny conversations).
- Some abbreviations. Veggies for vegetable. Chook for chicken. Brekkie for breakfast. Bikkie for Biscuit. I don't know why. It just annoys me. I can still remember the beginning of the end in a previously promising relationship being when he told me he was going to cook a chook and veggies for dinner.
I don't know where this photo originated. But it was the first result I found on google images when I typed in 'grumpy' (was found on the site of someone else who'd found it through google...and I am not going to google more just to find the original original owner. I am too grumpy for that.
I really like this pic. Today it is practically a portrait of me. So be afraid. Be very afraid.